I am Thomas Maeseele, a qualified physiotherapist with a passion for everything involving movement. Because of my passion I have been teaching ski-/ and snowboard lessons with the Austrian ski school in Vorarlberg and was involved in fighting sports (Shin Gi Tai Kempo) for 10 years, although I focus mainly on rock climbing and mountain biking nowadays. In my spare time I also practice yoga and am involved with hiking, horseback riding, slack lining, running, scuba diving and surfing.
During my studies at the Free University of Brussels (VUB), I worked at the Stellenbosch Academy of Sports (SAS) with athletes from the Western Provence Rugby Institute and South African National Rugby Sevens team (Springboks). I was also employed in Cape Town at the Sports Performance and Rehabilitation Center (SPARC) with surfers, climbers, trail-runners, cyclists (road and off road) and Ghost Ultimate frisbee Club.
- 2009: Ski- and snowboard teacher, Dual Anwärter, with the Vorarlberger Skischulen
- 2009-2013: Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences at the Free University of Brussels
- 2013-2015: Master’s degree in Sports Physiotherapy at the Free University of Brussels
- 2016-2017: Formation as Myofascial Therapist, Dry Needling via Belgian Myopain Society Trigger
- 2017: Dynamic Taping techniques
- 2017-2018 (following): Post graduate Manual Therapy at the University of Ghent
- 2009: Teaching ski- and snowboard lessons with the Vorarlberger Skischulen at Hochjoch, Montafon, Vorarlberg
- 2015: Trainee at the Stellenbosch Academy of Sports, South Africa
- 2015: Trainee at the Sports Performance and Rehabilitation Center (SPARC), Cape Town, South Africa
- 2015 and 2017: Physiotherapist at the Absa Cape Epic, 8-Day mountainbike stage race, Western Cape, South Africa